This proposal suggests we modify the VIP-2 governance framework by replacing Discourse with Samudai for the second phase of the governance process. This is a net value-add for governance because it simplifies and streamlines the decision-making process.
Samudai is an integrated DAO management tool designed to streamline coordination within DAOs. It offers a comprehensive platform for forum discussions, task management, DAO analytics, and calendar functionalities. To improve coordination, we at ValleyDAO have begun incorporating Samudai into the workflow.
ValleyDAO seeks to transition from utilizing Discourse as the Phase 2 governance tool to Samudai. More specifically, we propose that we use the Samudai forum for proposal discussion and voting instead of Discourse. The rest of the Phase 2 specifics, as listed below, do not change
- Formal proposal phase
- Duration: 7 days, barring significant revisions.
- Passing requirement: Support from two working group leads and at least 10 DAO members
- If a Phase 2 proposal does not reach quorum and/or does not receive enough confirmatory votes 3 months after it is first posted, it is voided.
The contributors can seamlessly participate in ValleyDAO’s phase 2 governance discussion and voting by connecting their wallet and Discord to the Samudai platform, creating a profile, and engaging in governance activities.
In the event that this proposal is approved, the amendment will take effect only after the ValleyDAO team has finished testing the Samudai platform.
- Needs revision (comment is mandatory)
- Disagree (comment is encouraged)